Monday, June 11, 2012

Paleo-Stix


This past weekend I had the opportunity to go out of town and train with some high caliber games athletes. I spent a good amount of time on the road (~9 hours) to get there and I'm not one that likes to stop when I need to get somewhere. Driving a stick shift car on the road and not stopping to eat can be a hassle, especially with stop and go traffic.

I'm already a fan of the paleo kits, which include nuts, berries, and jerky, but they can be messy to eat in the car. The paleo stix on the other hand were freaking awesome. You just tear em open and viola. No mess, just meat goodness. The flavor is pretty much a standard beef stick flavor and didn't blow my socks off as something revolutionary but it was good. They are certainly not as chewy as the kits too, so you won't get lockjaw trying to eat them. The empty package didn't have the sticky and juicy mess like the kit, and the wrapper left no stains on the floor mats of my car which was appreciated. I couldn't tell the difference between the grass-fed and regular version so that will be up to you to decide. Word of caution if you hit some beers later on. The potency of those burps will be enhanced. All in all I give them a thumbs up. Less crap than whats in the gas station food isle and better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment